Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Can I get married in Oregon if I have a registered domestic partnership in California?

My ex and I established a same-sex domestic partnership in 2004 in California and ended the relationship in 2006. I've met someone (a man) that I am planning on marrying this winter. We'll be married in Oregon but reside in Washington state. Will the marriage be legal and recognized? Do I need to terminate the domestic partnership first? I just realized this week that it is something I never resolved and I'm feeling pretty anxious!





Thanks all for input!Can I get married in Oregon if I have a registered domestic partnership in California?
is it recognized in California? I don't think so.


If so, did they collect any employment benefits or did you? better go on line and check the marriage laws..

No comments:

Post a Comment