Saturday, January 23, 2010

What difference does it make if your married while applying for uni?

I am applying to uni this year and am going to get married soon. I have been told that if I get married I wont get a large student loan (as my fiance earns 拢65k). Is this true? Will my marital status change how much loan I will receive?What difference does it make if your married while applying for uni?
I shouldn't have thought it matters if it's a loan. But if he earns that much, why do you need a loan? He's rich.What difference does it make if your married while applying for uni?
well not your marital status will effect, but once you are married yours and your husband income will be taken under consideration so if your husband earns more money than you then you would not be able to get as much financial aid
Yes. In England the student loan you receive is in two parts. The first is not income assessed, so anyone can get the basic amount. The second is dependent on your financial status. This is determined by your parent's income if you are 'dependent' - single and under 25, or your partner's income if you are 'independent' - either married or over 25.


For more information, you could try the student loans company website:


www.slc.co.uk, and they have contact so you could phone them.
yes because now there is 2 persons to pay 4 ur uni.

No comments:

Post a Comment