Thursday, January 21, 2010

What scares you older men about getting married for the second time around?

Do most men, young %26amp; old wait for the woman to give an ultimatum on getting married ? Is it the woman's idea OR the man's ? Be honest !What scares you older men about getting married for the second time around?
Okay, obviously I'm not a man, but I have to butt in. I can't stop b/f's from proposing to me. Every man I've ever been with pulled out a ring. I suspect it's because they knew I didn't want to get married, i.e., they didn't smell desperation oozing from my pores.





Men love a challenge. It's the nature of the beast, and gawd, I love the beasts! :-)What scares you older men about getting married for the second time around?
Having done it myself, I am very qualified to answer this. No, Lord, I didn't wait for a ultimatum to propose to my current wife (or my previous ones for that matter). I proposed because I wanted to do it and I loved her. Period.


When you propose marriage, there IS a chance she may say no, as rare as it may be. There is nothing wrong with being scared about doing it. Though, one should be more scared of what may happen if you never ask. Deciding to get married is a mutual decision, not just one or the other. If one partner is not sure about such, regardless of the feelings of the other, then you have no business getting married, once, twice, or ten times!


This is a serious deal, and those who are older or who have been married before better understand what this decision entails over a young person who has never been married before, I believe. Then they decide and act accordingly. Okay?
If I got an ultimatum the relationship would immediately end.


An ultimatum unequivocally communicates you do not care about the other person.


And since they were married once to someone they believe cared about them a lot and turned out not to... they are gun shy for round #2.
What scares me about getting married for the second time is getting divorced the second time.
i would think it would be easier the second time around because now at least they know what they want and dont want.
older guys dont have time to pay child support !

No comments:

Post a Comment