Saturday, January 23, 2010

How would you feel if your daughter married a Muslim and converted to Islam?

Would you pay for the wedding?How would you feel if your daughter married a Muslim and converted to Islam?
Of course I would - my (future) daughter can marry anyone or worship any god she damn well pleases, or none at all. And yeah, I'd grudgingly pay for the wedding - so expensive anymore! Although Christian ceremonies are the WORST - positively through the frickin' roof costwise.How would you feel if your daughter married a Muslim and converted to Islam?
I have a female friend that was raised a christian and she is white and she fell in love with a african muslim and she married him, her dad did not support the wedding at all because her dad is a old fashioned racist that uses the N word a lot and she got pregnant and had a baby with the man. The baby is innocent, he is a good boy now 8 years old and hes half white half black but his mom converted into muslim and is raising her son as a muslim but she got a divorse with the guy because in the end he just used her for legal US residency and i feel sorry for her because her dad never calls her and he shows no love for the grandchild and she is alone with her son because the dad doesnt care and her dad is for ever mad at her. Only her mom accepted it and shows love for the boy but she lives unhappy most of the time.
I'd be a little disappointed, but I'd respect her choice.





Yes, I would pay for the wedding. I would do my best to give a dowry, too, so she would be well treated by her husband's relatives. Whether or no, I'd shoot his putrid b***s off if he or his family ever hit her or mistreated her.





(I married an Asian woman. I had to pay for my reception. Her parents conveniently ignored any dowry.)
Sure, but I am only paying for one wedding. That is my rule. If they get divorced she has to pay for the next one. :) I am not saying this has anything to do with Muslims, though. I am just saying in general, if she decides to get divorced. As far as her converting to Islam, I wouldn't mind. In my opinion, we do not have kids to control them and make them who they are. We have kids to give life to an individual with the freedom to think, feel, and create. I would never try to force my daughter off of the path she chooses in life. We all choose a path and then we all learn from it. People don't learn things when they are violently pulled off of a path of exploration. Maybe this is a test to see if you can handle this situation calmly. Maybe this is a test to see if you can control your previous convictions and emotions.





Sure, if my kid is going out and doing things that could hurt others, or herself, I would try to protect those other people, or her, but simply making a religious choice is harmless. I refuse to say that just because there are guns there is death. Guns and death are two different things. If this were the case we may as well ban everything, since anything can be used as a weapon. Fact is, we as individuals need to do some internal cleansing and learn self control. WE are the root of our own problems in soceity, not guns, religion, or beliefs. WE are the problem; therefore, we should learn to be understanding of the fact that everything is a process, nothing goes our way, and things are at work that are beyond our control (in other words, we can't control the direction of the world, as individuals, only try to influence it.) In the end, all that matters, is that there is someone there to love us, to pick us up when we fall, and to encourage us to keep on going, reminding us that there is always another chance. Even though everything around is constantly changing, being destoyed, and errected, only two important things remain: love, and time.





P.S. Of course, if he tried taking her out of the country I would highly suggest against that. I may even decide to move with her if it is her decision!
Since my best friend as a kid was a Muslim, I know there is nothing inherently wrong with the religion, so I'd be supportive. I don't believe in expensive ceremonial weddings though, so unless she wanted to get married in a courthouse or in our backyard she'd be paying for it herself.
Years from now she'll be a woman. I'll try to prevent that but if she did, I would be heartbroken and definitely tell her husband that if he even THINKS about leaving the country w/o my consent I'll personally travel his west-bubble-f%ck village and cut his balls off. And I would. Honor must be respected and my child is not property. I do not respect the way Muslims treat woman ';as a whole';, and I've been around some.


As a Christian I would be heartbroken as well as I want her to truly believe in the notion of Christ and live a spiritual life, not so much religious.


pay for the wedding.. well.. if it's inevitable.. sure
my daughter is a very independent, self sufficient, totally balanced woman and would be Jewish if she was to go toward a religion...her words. So guess she wouldn't do that.


BUT: I have never told my daughter what to do and wouldn't start now.
If I have a daughter, and if she really wanted to...sure, why not? It's her life. I'll offer to pay for the wedding if I have the money, but if they refuse, I'm not going to complain.
I raised my daughter to make her own decisions, and I didn't pay for the wedding when she married the husband she already has.
It's her choice, and I'd respect it. If I tried to force her away from it I'd be exactly like my parents.
Why not? It's her life.
I have a daughter?
I don't have a daughter





;-)
I don't have children.
I dont have a daughter but no I would not pay for the wedding, I would pray for her to find her prodigal way back home and to be saved. I have a son, I would pray for my son as well.
Never happen in a million years.





My daughter is not a weakling. She is self sufficient and independent and not in the market for a master.
I would be very distraught if my daughter believed in any god.
Not a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment