Thursday, January 21, 2010

I want to marry my girlfriend in Peru in September. Who has married in Peru and knows the formalities?

I would like to know how (or not) demanding the authorities in Peru are. How complicated was it to get your local documents legalized. I understand I will first have to get my documents legalized with the ministery of foreign affairs and then by the peruvian embassy.I want to marry my girlfriend in Peru in September. Who has married in Peru and knows the formalities?
Getting married in Peru can be a challenge. It makes a difference depending on what municipality you plan to get married in, so have your girlfriend check with them - they will probably have a checklist of items you'll need. The country you're coming from will also matter. Generally, you'll need the following things:





Birth Certificate, Translated, Legalized - an original copy (with a raised stamp) which has been certified as 'legal' by a Peruvian consulate in your home country. When you get to Peru, it will have to be translated by a certified translator.





Certificate of Non-Impediment - something from your home country (state, county, city, district - whatever you can get) saying that you are not married to someone else. If you have divorce records, you'll need those too. Must go through the same deal as the birth certificate - legalize, then translate. (I had a statement from my local registrars office saying I had never applied for a marriage license in my county)





Everything else, you'll need to do once you get to Peru. But it's important that you have those two things BEFORE you get here.





I recommend you do a google for the 'Ultimate Peru List' - there's a lot of good information to be found there.I want to marry my girlfriend in Peru in September. Who has married in Peru and knows the formalities?
Thank you for your detailed answer!

Report Abuse



just hold on your wallet really tight

Report Abuse



I married my wife in Iquitos, Peru.





I had to get my divorce papers from the state where I got divorced in and send it to the Peruvian consulate there. I also got my birth certificate and sent it to the consulate in that state. Other than that, it was a breeze.





You might want to go there two weeks in advance to do medical and other minor paperwork.





enjoy
  • make up foundation
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment