Wednesday, January 13, 2010

If I am married what is the best way to file my taxes?

Well I got married in may 2005. Can I still file single and head of household or do I HAVE to file married. I want to know the best way to get the most money back.If I am married what is the best way to file my taxes?
Married filing jointly is the best tax rate available from the IRS.If I am married what is the best way to file my taxes?
You must file either married filing jointly, or married filing seperate. Jointly is usually the best, least tax method of filing. The tax percentages in MFJ are about the same as those for Head of Household. The only way a married person can file as HoH is if they have lived seperately from the spouse for most of the year. You are married and it is really a good filing status.
Do you have dependents? I was under the impression you could only file as Head of Household if dependents were involved. I have filed Married, filing jointly every year since I have gotten married. I actually sit down and do a mock return for a married filing jointly and then married, filing single for both my wife and myself just to see which one would be most beneficial to us. It just turns out that Married filing Jointly has always been the best one for us.
You have to file either married, filing singly or married, filing jointly. You cannot file single. Under certain circumstances, you can file as head of household.
you can file single but not single head of household. your husband or wife will have to file single too. if only you work, then file jointly as you will get the most money that way. make out your taxes both ways, single and jointly, and see what way will give you the most money and then file that way.
do it under


married but fileing separate.
You can file either way. I'd suggest that you sit down and do the math either way, and see how you make out. When you do this do the math for your wife, as a single, and then you get the better picture of your returns.
Lying on your tax returns is a crime. If you are married you have to file as married. Filing seperate as opposed to jointly may only influence your taxes if it will what tax bracket you are in. I am not an accountant, so don't take the last part as fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment