Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Can you get married while on social security and not lose your benefits?

My mom has told me for years that I couldn't get married while on Social Security because I would lose my benefits completely. Is that true?Can you get married while on social security and not lose your benefits?
If your future spouse works, they take that into consideration. SSD may cut your check some depending on how much your spouse makes but you wont lose all of it.Can you get married while on social security and not lose your benefits?
Depends. are you on social security because your dad died and you're receiving benefits because of this? then possibly. easy enough to call the social security office to find out for sure.
Wow I have herd something like this before. I to am interested in this answer.


My son is on this....Some day he may want to get married?
  • good makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment