Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Are you dating or married to someone of a different religion?

Especially Catholic + another different religion.





Please give advice or comments.





Thanks so much.Are you dating or married to someone of a different religion?
I'm catholic, husband Baptist. It's ok, I'm more devoted to my faith than he is his, he's gone to Midnight mass with me before but thats about it. To each their own, we don't really discuss religion too much.Are you dating or married to someone of a different religion?
I was married to a guy of a different religion for 20 years. We just split up, but it wasn't because of our religion differences. As long as you are both willing to accept the other spouse and their choice of religion, then you are fine. If you are looking to eventually ask your spouse to change their beliefs, then you might as well look for somebody in your religion. Personally, I always enjoyed the different holidays and celebrations of the two religions.
My husband has different beliefs (no religion) I respect his opinions. We have mutual respect which also makes easy to talk or even discuss about religion if the subject comes out. No matter of a fact he started to open his eyes a little bit and accept some of the things that he couldn't/wouldn't accept before. If you're having problems with your hubby my advice is do not attack his religion try to see the best of it and make him an offer that you can show your point of view and introduce your beliefs to him as well. All that with love and respect.


I wish you luck!
What are the issues that come up? Email me, if you like.





The only advice that works, no matter which religion you belong to, is this: Love is the highest law.





Love each day and every day. Nothing else matters.





By loving your spouse, you are living your religion.





Best wishes and good thoughts going your way. :)
I'm a Christian my girlfriend is a Atheist. I don't let are religion interfere with our relationship, I don't believe it should be about that. Besides most Christians judge others than what they should do, when your suppose to preach or spread the word..
I'm Catholic dating a non Catholic. I'm divorced so I am not a practicing Catholic.
I'm a atheist and married a catholic girl. It was never a problem for us and after some time even got her to open her mind and see how crazy the whole ';catholic'; thing was.
Yes, I was raised Catholic.





Stories of Jesus and god are...stories. But them into perspective and religion will not be an issue.
Hubby catholic, I'm not. Contact me if you want to discuss your issues.
no, we're both Christians...

No comments:

Post a Comment