Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Why should married people or people with children get tax benifits over a single person?

The more a single person works and earns money, the more the fed and state gov takes from them. How is this fair? Why should someone who decides to have children or get married, gain benefits just because of that? Thats like saying, because I have two dogs and a cat I should be taxed less than the guy who just has a hamster.Why should married people or people with children get tax benifits over a single person?
Run for the Senate, maybe even president later down the road. You could use your argument as a platform.





It's interesting that we haven't heard this issue before.





I'd rather be constructive, rather than just complain...Why should married people or people with children get tax benifits over a single person?
Each human is allowed one deduction - If that is a senior person with disabilities or a baby - it's the same.





As far as a marriage - you only get the deduction if you file jointly - you are saving the country money because they only have to review one tax return.





I pay in my fair share of taxes - there is almost nothing that can be deducted anymore.





I'm all for a flat tax - that way we all pay the same.
They SHOULD NOT bottom line. This really bugs me. I plunged myself into debt to go to school, I make a good salary, but am not married, no kids and I get killed in taxes.
the child one i understand since your raising another person. i guess they could say that they still need to support them some how. but that is just me taking the other side.





the mairrage one does not make sense to me.
They shouldnt, I am disgusted by how singles are treated by the government.
Im in the uk and The married person allowance was taken away many years ago so there is no benefit being a married couple or otherwise,





As for having kids you should see how much they cost!!!!! .
Nothing more than a policy decision in favor of traditional families.
I am married (without kids) and we get taxed big time... We both claim single and zero throughout the year and still have to pay at tax time.... You are not alone.
  • face blush
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment