Thursday, May 13, 2010

Im getting married in a Baptist Church and I recently found out some churches dont allow dancing?

The no dancing policy doesnt bother me however I was planning on having my first dance as husband and wife. Do you think that will still not be aloud, just the one dance? The wedding will not be overly religious but its still in the church. I have a meeting with the Preacher next sunday %26amp; what do you all think would be a respectful way of making my request?Im getting married in a Baptist Church and I recently found out some churches dont allow dancing?
Typically dancing is held at the reception, which is often not held at the church where the marriage occurs. There should be no problem....





...unless your reception is at the church. Check with the rules of that religion regarding behavior they find appropriate.Im getting married in a Baptist Church and I recently found out some churches dont allow dancing?
Unless you are having the RECEPTION at the church...there is no need to worry about this. ALL the dancing is held at the reception...not the wedding itself.





But, yes, if you are having the reception in the church hall, I would doubt that you will be allowed to have music and dancing.





If you are holding your reception at another site....no problem!
Even among Baptist churches, the rules vary.





One may allow you to have your first dance and that's it.





Another may say, ';NONE, whatsoever.';





You will need to check each church to find out what their specific rules and regulations are.





Good luck.





*


*


*

No comments:

Post a Comment