Thursday, May 13, 2010

What benefits will I be entitled to as a married adult going into full time education?

I am starting full time higher education in September. I am married, with a mortgage etc and a baby on the way in November. I currently work, as does my wife. What benefits will I be entitled to?What benefits will I be entitled to as a married adult going into full time education?
Because you have a child you will be ab le to make a claim for income support BUT it will be a joint claim wiuth your wife so if she earns more than about 拢130pw you will get nothing.





You can claim 25% discount on your council tax but not much else.





You will be entitled to the same loans / grants as an 18 year old and your college/uni might have other funds aailable to you.What benefits will I be entitled to as a married adult going into full time education?
None that you wouldn't otherwise qualify for based in your income and family size. Except for federal financial aid to help with tuition. Start at www.fafsa.ed.gov. A lot of people actually work AND go to school.
I don't think you can get any benefits as a student other than any tax credits and maternity benefit for your wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment