Monday, May 10, 2010

Im 23 i just got married should i file my taxes single or married?

I just got married in dec of 07. I have been claming single 1 all year on my checks should i file my taxes single or married for 07?Im 23 i just got married should i file my taxes single or married?
Your w-4 is simply a way to have taxes withheld. Many married people elect married, but withhold at single to ensure enough money is withheld for taxes.





As for your tax return, congratulations, you are married. The IRS only looks at 12/31, so you are considered married for the entire year.Im 23 i just got married should i file my taxes single or married?
If you are married, you have only 2 options for filing taxes: Married Filing Joint, or Married Filing Separately. Try your taxes both ways, but 99% of the time, joint will work out better.
Talk to your accountant and ask him/her to do a workup of both ways to see what works to your advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment