Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Should a married man or woman be able to maintain a security code when using their cellular phone?

I would like to see what the majority of married couples think of this issue.


Could a security password on a mobile phone be indications of:


privacy needs


a need for control


a hint of ';bad nature';


or just a personal choice


Do you have something more to comment on the question? Please let me know it could really help.Should a married man or woman be able to maintain a security code when using their cellular phone?
I would have a serious problem if my husband would not let me know his code. Not that I check all the time, but if I need to get a message off his phone and can't, I will ask for the code. If he does not give me one, I would have a problem with that.





Sharing you code is trust.Should a married man or woman be able to maintain a security code when using their cellular phone?
Well it all depends what kind of phone you have and if you share the code with your spouse. I have a blackberry so a code is required and if my husband ever asked for it I would tell him. I mean it does not always have anything to do with hiding something. If there was a password on my husbands phone and he refused to tell me I would think something is up. I would want to know why he doesn't want to tell me.
My husband and I are have both been previously married. My ex cheated. His marriage was just bad. We each have our own cells with our own security codes and our own laptops that have a code to get onto our personal things. Neither of us has a problem with the other having privacy. We trust each other. I would be more concerned if he insisted on having access to my stuff instead of trusting me. And if I can't trust him, I should never have married him.
There's no problem with it as long as your spouse also knows the code. Setting up ';privacy'; like this leads your spouse to believe you have something to hide. It can only lead to problems in the marriage. I don't have anything that's private from my husband, and since we worked through the affair he had, he has nothing that's ';private'; from me either. The only time in our marriage where he wanted privacy was when he was cheating.
Security password doesn't necessarily indicate that the other person is being sneaky. I have it on my phone just so that if I ever lose it, whoever picks it up won't able to use it.





I did, however, tell my husband what my code was. I have nothing to hide. But that's just us. I'm sure it's different for every couple.
Never. You should not have ';privacy needs'; beyond closing the door to the bathroom. Privacy needs on a cell phone? Someone is hiding something and it is probably an affair.





EDIT- I can see that chocolate, but you gave him the code, so its not like you are really hiding anything from him.
This indicates that you like your information to be personal. If people don't like that, then that's their problem.
NO! Absolutely NOT!!! It indicates to me a need for DECEPTION!!!
Only, if you know the code. Otherwise, he/she is hiding something
yes
Ummmm. Paranoid much, people?





Essentially, most of you are of the mindset that your spouse is guilty until proven innocent. If you go around life with the need to investigate every action your spouse takes, then you already don't trust them.





I certainly don't need to know my wife's code - I don't even know if she has one. I am not even sure what kind of phone she has nor where she keeps it and I couldn't care less. Nor has she ever asked me for my code nor does she car. That is because we actually have a bit more going on in our relationship and a bit more holding us together. Why in the world would we need to investigate each other at any given moment? If your marriage is to the point where you are suspicious for no other reason than you don't know your partner's cell-phone code, or if you assume that the desire to keep that private automatically indicates deception...you have some serious issues.





When people get married, isn't there some sort of mutual respect and trust built into the equation? Don't people realize that just because you are spending your lives together does not mean that you have lost all sense of being an individual? If this is how most spouses treat each other or expect from each other, no wonder so many people get divorces!





Geez, don't people have any sort of self-esteem or trust or perspective anymore? Thank God my wife and I are balanced, realistic people with trust and mutual respect for each other's space and lives. I don't know how half of you go through life automatically assuming the worst....I really don't. How horroble to trust no-one, especially your own spouse.





It is a personal choice that has nothing to do with your relationship or the ';worth'; of a person.





Bottom line: forget about it and if you need to worry about something, worry about something that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment