Thursday, May 13, 2010

I am a married stay at home mom. How should we file on our taxes?

This is my first year as a stay at home mom. Should I file my husband as head of household and me as a dependant? Also we have never claimed the PMI on our mortgage. How do you backfile?I am a married stay at home mom. How should we file on our taxes?
Your husband cannot file as head of household if you are married. Head of Household is for one parent home. The PMI deduction is brand new for 07. You should most likely file joint return listing you as dependant %26amp; the 5 kids if they all qualify.I am a married stay at home mom. How should we file on our taxes?
file married filing jointly. a spouse is never a dependent of the other spouse. and yes, the PMI deduction is new if you itemize.


If you have already filed 2007 then you need to file an amended return.
You can only claim your PMI if you itemize...and yes you are his dependent.
You cannot claim PMI.





This deduction is new for 2007 and only if you took the loan out IN 2007. Your loan is older than that.
you should file married filing joint with dependants. Also, the PMI is something new for tax year 2007, so you should definitely file it.

No comments:

Post a Comment