Monday, May 10, 2010

How come married women sometimes wear their rings like that?

Typically when a woman is married, on her ring finger doesn't the engagement ring go on top of the wedding ring? Why do some women wear them the other way around?How come married women sometimes wear their rings like that?
The engagement ring goes on top.


Some women are different. As are some religions, I guess.How come married women sometimes wear their rings like that?
Do they? I'm not in the habit of noticing things like that but I assumed (I must have been told this at some point) that the engagement ring goes on the inside with the thinking being that it doesn't get taken once it is given. That's how my wife wears hers, anyway.
I actually don't know the ';proper'; way to wear them.





But I inherited my Granmother's wedding ring, and it's a bit too big. My engagement ring is a bit smaller, so it wear it on top to prevent the wedding ring from slipping off.
I agree with KitKat. Also, once you get married your wedding band takes the spot of the engagement ring and the engagement ring is said to keep the band in place.(from getting lost)
I don't know. I only have one ring that came down through his family from generations ago. We didn't do the whole engagement ring and wedding band thing and all that hoo-ha.
It's a matter of personal choice, but I always understood that the wedding ring goes on first, closer to your heart.
I don't even wear my engagement ring, I mostly just wear my wedding band.
um it doesn't matter.... maybe they put them on 2 show that they are married... so the wedding ring shows better so ppl wont mistake that they r just engadged.
who gives a crap





could just be more comfortable for them.


there are no rules
That's a good ? i never thought of that
i nerver thought about that

No comments:

Post a Comment