Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I was married in 2007. My wife does not have an SSN. How do I get an ITIN and apply for Tax jointly?

I moved over from India and Im currently here in US on a work permit. I have an SSN but my wife is here as a dependant. She does not have an EAD so she is not eligible for an SSN.


How should I apply for ITIN and how should I file for tax.I was married in 2007. My wife does not have an SSN. How do I get an ITIN and apply for Tax jointly?
I think you can apply for a Tax Identification number for your wife at the tax preparation office.I was married in 2007. My wife does not have an SSN. How do I get an ITIN and apply for Tax jointly?
Mail a completed W7 and a certified copy of her passport along with your 1040 to the IRS's ITIN unit in Austin, TX.





The address and instructions are with the W7.





You can download a fillable pdf of the W7 from IRS.gov.
not 100% sure----but I think if you go to the Social Security office they'll have application forms for the ITIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment