Sunday, May 9, 2010

I married last year and owe fed taxes from 2005. I understand my stimulus will be put towards my back taxes?

- good for me to get them paid off, but will my spouse still get his part of the stimulus package. He does not owe back taxes, we filed jointly for 2007. Thanks!I married last year and owe fed taxes from 2005. I understand my stimulus will be put towards my back taxes?
He should file an injured spouse form. That way some of the taxes and refund will be allocated to him and some to you. They will send him is allocated refund and use yours to pay the back taxes. I assume that works for the rebate as well, but don't know for sure. Community property states will work differently.





My understanding is that he has six months to file the form, so have him send it in ASAP.I married last year and owe fed taxes from 2005. I understand my stimulus will be put towards my back taxes?
Only if he filed a form 8379 and doesn't live in one of the 3 community property states that makes your tax debt his tax debt.
  • north face book bags
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment