Thursday, May 13, 2010

How often do Married couples go on dates when they have a baby at home?

My husband and I have a six month old at home and haven't been on a date since. And I was wondering how often do married couples go out and leave their little ones at home? What is the best way to trust a babysitter when family isn't an option? Our best friends have three small kids and they go out three times every week and leave them with a relative is that wrong? Thanks!How often do Married couples go on dates when they have a baby at home?
WOW. Three times a week, I am envious! If I did that the house would look like a disaster area! My husband and I have 7 kids at home, so we rarely go out. I agree that having some one on one time without the kids is important, that is why we try to go out on a date once or twice every few weeks. All the younger kids are in bed by 9, so when we go out we leave our 16 year old in charge. She just keeps an ear out for one if they wake up! Now I would never ask my family to watch my kids 3 days a week. Here lately my mom has been taking the 4 month old twins one night a week, but that is only because she wants too! I am just lucky that we never have to ask family to watch the kiddos (they always offer)! I suggest you go onto either sittercity, or care.com and search for a sitter that has a background check and reviews in your area! It is totally worth it, and by doing that we have found several great sitters that we trust! Best of Luck!





P.S. To answer the actual question we go on about 18 (3 hour) dates a year!How often do Married couples go on dates when they have a baby at home?
My husband and I have a 12 month old and we don't ever get to go out. We have been on 2 or 3 dates since our son was born. My parents live out of town and his parents are raising their other grandchild, so we don't really have anyone we trust to watch the baby.





I think most couples go out at least once a week and leave the babies with relatives or friends, but you and I don't have that option. The few times that we went out we asked his parents or his sister to watch the baby. Even though we deserve alone time, I always feel bad about leaving my baby with them. Your friends should try to spend more time with their children. 3 times a week is a lot to go out when you have 3 small kids.
Maybe you could ask your best friends for a trade off? They take your baby for an afternoon/evening and then you take their kids another day! Saves money for sure, and they're probably the only people you can trust since you're out of state from your own family.





My husband is in the military and we're away from all of our family right now, however we babysat for a friend he met in his class and she said she'd be more than happy to take our little one for the evening. But I'm just not ready for her to be babysat yet, she's only almost 8 weeks old though =]





Try asking them and just explain you need hubby time to go on a date but they're the only ones you can trust (that is if you do lol), I'm sure they'll understand since they're parents too!
We don't!





Our dates consist of popping in a movie after our son has gone to bed. Of course, I think we'd go out more if I trusted more people around me with Noah. All our family lives out of state so it would be different if they were around.





I think three times every week is a bit much(for me anyway!) but you still need to get out every once in awhile if need be. There is nothing wrong with leaving your daughter with a family member or friend on an Friday night and going out on a date with your husband. Like the above poster mentioned, you still need to keep that relationship going.
We go lots of places...and we take our daughter with us. We've taken her along since she was born, practically. Granted, she's a ';good'; baby, very easy to take places for the most part.





As far as getting out of the house together, child-less, for a date just between the two of us - that hasn't happened in the nearly 15 months we've been parents.





I could never ask my family to watch our daughter three times a week so that my husband and I could go out! They already help out enough to accommodate our work schedules. Even before we were married, we didn't go on that many dates every week.
No it's not wrong. You need to stay connected with your husband. Get a babysitter who is experience with younger siblings or get someone to watch them for just like 2 hours a week, and eventually you can trust them to longer and longer amounts of time.
You should find time to do those things because you will just become two overwhelmed roomates after a while. My mother has my 2 boys on friday and sometimes saturday nights. You have to just find a recommended baby sitter that you can trust. It will be worth it.
hahaha yeah right! Go out, that's a dream of mine and it will stay that way. I wish I could go out with my hubby on a date night!
LOL i wish me and my hubby could break away but i have month old twin boys and we are too protective to leave them with a baby sitter.
we try once every pay check soo like 2ce a month


i'm sure you realitives WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE BABY. if they don't mind WHY NOT
Did you both eat the wedding cake? There in lays the problem.
No, it's not wrong. I believe if that's what it takes to keep a marriage in-tact, then so be it. Children need their parents to have a good marriage. It keeps the family thriving! Now, it would be a different story if they went out more than that for all hours of the night and had nothing to do with their kids...but I doubt that is what's going on. =P





If you want a babysitter to go out maybe once a week, then you could find someone you know that is close to you and your husband...whoever that may be. A friend, coworker, neighbor. They would know your baby well and you would know them!





My husband and I go out together once, sometimes twice a week. We like to stay up late together most nights and just talk. That's my favorite ';date';. =D





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment