Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What do you do if your filing taxes as married filling seperate but your spouse did not work at all?

More specifically, my spouse is in the process of getting his paperwork so he did not work at all last year. I am being told I need to file as married fililng seperately because I got married to him last November and I can't file as single. I only made about $4,000 dollars and he made zero. Am I going to get in trouble filing with him as a spouse since he is technically illegal?








Thanks for your replies :)What do you do if your filing taxes as married filling seperate but your spouse did not work at all?
Your income is so low it isnt going to matter. You can file jointly if you want just put applied for in the ss area. You did not have enough income to even be required to file a tax return. The only reason to file is 1) get back monies if you paid in; 2)tax stimulus program.What do you do if your filing taxes as married filling seperate but your spouse did not work at all?
no,its not illegal. just put in the spot for his SS# ';applied for'; if hes applied for a SS#.

No comments:

Post a Comment