Monday, May 10, 2010

How do you get over pet peeves in married life?

I know everyone has pet peeves (some more than others) so what do you do when your wife/husband constantly does the thing that annoys you the most?


Or what is your number one pet peeve that you hate? I have alot of pet peeves so I was just wondering lol so far my man is clear but I know one day it's going to happen. And probably vice versa too.How do you get over pet peeves in married life?
Don't fret so much. You love this man don't you so you will get over it. Married life is all about compromise so every time he does some annoying thing hold your breath and have ready in your head something that you do that you know he finds annoying and use the thought as a bartering tool. It takes a while to properly get to know someone and a while to adjust to living with them. So don't turn into a nag in the meantime.How do you get over pet peeves in married life?
You get over them by DECIDING to. If you concentrate on something, you will notice it more and more, so you have to decide that you won't let it bother you. As others have said, don't sweat the little stuff. We ALL do things that no doubt annoy others, but it's best to just try to ignore them.





Don't look for your man's annoyances, and you may not notice them.
Like squeezing the tooth paste from the middle.. or leaving the toilet seat up?


We've had these conversations. we have worked out most of them


were married and together 20 years. We still have not worked them all out.


Still after 20 years it's marriage in the making. it always will be.
Communication is the key. Talk about what he does to bother you. If you're hesitant to bring them up, try making New Year's resolutions for each other. That way, you'll know how you gross him out too. lol. My 16 anniversay in March. Congrats Brunette Wife.
He ';forgets'; to put a floor mat down before his shower. Every morning I walk into the bathroom and step in wet, Matt-sized footprints.


It annoys him that I cannot fall asleep without the TV on.





p.s. Congrats to Brunette Wife!
The only thing that my husband does that annoys me is when i ask him a question and LOTS of times he will say ';i dont know';lol.





Thank you misty i appreciate that.





Thank you nelly and yea hopefully we will be having fun tonight lol.





Thank you min.
Yep.... don't sweat the small things sweetie. Marriage requires a lot of effort.... nit picking about insignificant pet peeves leads to ';nagging';.
Well, about the pet peeves, we communicate, and the one thing I hate is toe nail clippings on the floor.





Drives me nuts!!!





Congratulations, brunette wife!!!!!





Have a super day!!!! :-)





Cheers!!!!!
My husband burps and farts like crazy. It's so gross - and sometimes he lets them fly in public. I know people around us can hear them, but he swears not. It's just not right.
A spouse who suddenly believes they literally OWN their partner


BTW- I am a man through and through and dont leave the seat up (cant stand looking in the bowl) and I dont squeeze the paste from the middle but rather the end and work up. I also dont leave any in the sink etc etc etc- all crazy stereotypes.
OMG...hundreds...My number 1 is that my man contantly says the word ';reckon';, like he's never sure of nothign. Drives me crazy. I have more I could list but I won't.
wow. my husband actually doesn't have any. i am so lucky.
Men do all sorts of unusual things, like toothpaste in the sink %26amp; squeezing the tube in the middle not the end. But heck don't sweat the small stuff or you will drive each other nuts. Life is too short %26amp; too precious to be a 'nit picking' 'nagaholic wife'.





Congrats to Brunette wife too:D

No comments:

Post a Comment