Monday, May 10, 2010

What should I know about being a Male civilian married to a Female Marine?

My fiance is joining the Marines. We would like to get married after she gets out of basic. What should I know, things that will be heading our way, about marriages, getting housed, etc?


Would prefer any insight a civilian husband has on this.What should I know about being a Male civilian married to a Female Marine?
OMG!! What answers!! So now all female marines are whores?? You've got to be kidding me! Not all male marines are going out trying to get into their pants!! Get a life lady!!





Now to your questions:


Marriage - she will need all of the paperwork and it'll all be done on her end. You have to do very little. She needs your SS card, a copy of your birth certificate, a copy of the marriage license, etc. Just the usual important documents.





Housing - on base or off? Off post - you will be given a housing allowance based on her rank and the duty station. Lower ranking people get very little money, so I would suggest you try to live on base. You dont get the housing allowance, but you dont have to pay rent either.





Honestly, she will do the majority of the junk one must do. She will sign you up for tricare. She has to be there when you get your ID card.





I know you wanted to hear from men. And I know there's probably a lot of teasing that goes along with being an Military husband that ';army wives'; dont have to deal with. But in reality, it's all fairly similar. The military comes first, no matter the spouse. Deployments are just as hard. It's sometimes just as lonely. And all of the info is just as true. There are many websites for spouses. One of my faves: http://www.fas.org/news/reference/lexico鈥?/a> It's the acronyms that will come flying at you. It's like a foreign language.





Good luck, and congrats!





Addded: yep. Just a civilian. But apparently there's not much honor in being a female marine if they are all whores who are 100% guaranteed to cheat on their husbands (your words, not mine). Former marine... does that mean you're a former whore? You said his wife was 100% guaranteed to cheat on him. Did you cheat on everyone you dated/married? Hasty generalizations arent good for anyone. And I know plenty of faithful soldiers/marines/airmen. Sounds like you are just a little bit jaded.What should I know about being a Male civilian married to a Female Marine?
Why are you waiting until she gets out of basic? If you know you want to get married, it's almost easier if you go ahead and do it. No matter when you get married, there will be someone to assist her with all of the endless paperwork she has to fill out. They will tell her what documents she needs. But if you get married after bootcamp, it might take a while for the paperwork to go through so that you and your household goods can follow her to her first duty station.





As for housing, I would suggest a new marine family live on post. BAH/BAQ isn't anything anymore with the economy like it is. So unless you are stationed in a cheap town where you can find an apt for only a few hundred dollars a month, I would put my name down on the on post waiting list.





As for the fidelity, if you trust your fiance, and she's faithful to you, dont worry about it. There's so much other crap to worry about in the military, fidelity shouldn't be on the top of your list. Not to say that some people dont cheat, they do, all over the place, just like the normal civilian population, but that's a relationship between you and your future wife. So dont listen to anything anyone has to say about that, except your wife! The situation I have seen the most is the single female living in the barracks is ';passed around'; from the single males living in the barracks.





I've been in/around the military my whole life. My father never cheated on my mother and I will never cheat on my wife.
I AM this guy's fiance. I WILL NOT cheat on him. I have values and morals. Idiots.
Do what she tells you to do with no back talk

No comments:

Post a Comment