Friday, January 15, 2010

What kind of chores do married people divide up between them?

The one thing I do almost all the time is give my daughter a bath. My wife has never really done that. But I almost never have playfights with her, or read her books. My wife does that.What kind of chores do married people divide up between them?
we share cooking, dishes and laundry. there is no schedule, one of us just does w/o the other having to ask. What kind of chores do married people divide up between them?
My husband does absolutely nothing, not even put his dirty clothes in the hamper or put his dirty dishes in the sink. He takes a shower and leaves the damp towel on the floor, as well as his dirty clothes... I do most of the cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, laundry, etc. and only once a week we have a cleaning lady come and help me with the heavy duty stuff. My husband is the $$ maker in this household.
I keep the kitchen clean, without mopping...husband does all mopping.





I give my daughter a bath...actually I provide most of her care. Her dad horse plays around with her.





He keeps the living room clean





I keep the bedroom clean.





We share the bathroom duty, but I clean it better :-)





Garbage is his job unless its totally uncontrollable.





we share the duty of cleaning our daughters room





he cleans up outside.





I do all the cooking.
I take care of the inside and he takes care of the outside of the house. He cares for the cars too.





That doesn't mean that we don't do little things. Like, I check my oil and fill my tires with air and get gas. He puts his dishes (sometimes) in the dishwasher or runs a load of wash when he is running out of drawers.
My Dad would do ALL the cuddles - My Mum did ALL the earnest listening..


I never realised this until I was 15, I had been 100% emotionally catered for. BUT at 15, he died suddenly and it felt to me, that Mum refused to cuddle me. ( I assumed greif). until we worked out what was happening and sorted it. A learning curve for the 2 of us.





My hubby is a control freak ( poss. Obsessive) we have fights, while I try and keep him out of Laundry ( he puts blacks in with whites, and pockets are full of tissue- but in the wash before I can check!!! AAAaaarrggh


Usually I am thankful for his quirks and try and fit in where I can. I am at home most days, he works full-time. My pace is super-ceeded by his, apon his return as he sees me as always on the back foot. (What ever tasks I have completed..(often all).. he will find and focus on, what I haven't done!)


I wish he would appreciate my abilities and relax. I feel critisized routinely ..It is breaking my spirit after 15yrs. I work hard to help him feel adequate and empowered, I wish he could do the same for me. I have learned to appreciate myself, as do my kids, 2 cats and bantems!!!BUT I do have the garden all too myself PHEW!


Sorry for the whinge, I try to laugh, as most women say they wish their hubby would do all mine does. (sigh)


I even thought of founding a group called WHY DAD (What Have You Done All Day) syndrome. (my original)
i do everything and he helps when i ask. He hasn't bathed our two daughters since they grew out of the sink. Mostly he doesn't help with the cleaning cause I always clean it again. I'm horrible I know. Playing with the kids does not classify as a chore. We have family wrestling matches, and take turns switching off kids and books.
I don't think you should be giving your daughter her baths and YOU should be reading along with taking turns with your wife. Its called bonding and if you don't find other things to do with your daughter except bath her, then I wonder about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment