Friday, January 15, 2010

How many teen moms are married or stayed with the father?

I am a teen who is pregnant, and me and the father love each other very much. I was wondering if there is other teen moms who are still with or stayed with for a while the father?


We aren't planning on getting married right away, even though it may seem like the right thing to do, but what are our odds of still being together?How many teen moms are married or stayed with the father?
Unfortunately, im not with my sons father. When i was 15 yrs old, he walked out on me bc he didnt want any part in our lives. He sees our sons once in a while (cuz i still have contact with his mother) but that is as much as we both see him.





Now i am 17 yrs old and my son just turned 2 few week ago. I am doing great with out his help. I work, go to school, and im a great mom and dad to my son. My mom and dad support me but they dont help me econimcally. As for my sons paternal grandma, she is a sweetheart. she has taken the role that her irresponsible son denied and is helping me through this stage in my life. I can even say that she supports me more than my mother herself lol.





Now let me try answering your question. Even though for me it didnt work, and i am raising my son alone i think if you really love him and he loves you, you can still be together. I want to believe that true love exitst no matter the age and that not all men are the same.





Best of luck, How many teen moms are married or stayed with the father?
lol

Report Abuse



^ Whats so funny about this?


honestly.

Report Abuse



I had just turned 17 when I found out I was pregnant. My boyfriend and I were together for 2 years and had been living together for about a year and a half. We did not get married right away because we didnt think having a baby was a good reason to get married. My parents are divorced and have been since I was 2 years old and I would hate for my child to go through that. I wanted to wait and make sure he was the right one for me. Anyway, we just got married in May (my son is now 2 and a half) and we are happier than ever and trying for baby #2! It takes a lot of work and is not easy raising a baby at such a young age, it is very stressfull. But my husband and I love eachother very much and knew we were both in it together. We have made it past a lot of stressfull/ hard times but we are doing so well now. I wish you all the best and hope everything works out for you! But do not get married just because you have a baby together! Make sure you get married for the right reasons! =)
Not me personally, cause I am 35 with no kids, one husband and a dog. But a friend of mine, got pregnant when she was barely 18. She and the father got married about six months later. She had the baby boy, had another girl a year later. Here is the strange thing-- two kids before she was 21, he was 24 and they are still together now. She is now 34 and he is about 37. So, have faith it can work out. FYI--they both finished college also.
my mother stayed with the father of her baby for 10 years but then they got a divorce. my aunt stayed with the father of her baby for about 5 years but then they got a divorce. but i dont know anyone else who's boyfriend actually stayed with them when they got pregnant


every girl i know at my school the guys left them cuz they dont want the responsibility. and they all said they loved each other very much but as soon as the child came out all the guys were like screw you and left
Honestly, it tends to be very little. But it all depends on the couple. People i've known, the chances are slim, they've all thought that the baby's father would stay with them, because they have a child together, but sadly, it wasn't as planned. For my parents, my mom was pregnant at 17, and had me at 18. After she was starting to show more, he started to leave more. until he eventually just wasn't around until i was born, then left again. But thats just my story, im sure many people have better ones
when i was in high school (10 years ago) one of my best friends got pregnant at 16 and she and the father got married. they are still married today and have 2 kids. she seems really happy but i do think that these days it's a rare thing for a teen relationship to last longer than a few years regardless of whether a child is involved. marriage is hard and so is parenthood. it really takes both people working together to make things work. good luck.
I'm not sure what to tell you if you should marry or not. I was a teen pregnancy and I wish I would of waited. I got married at 17yrs I did love him but we were way to young. I was only married for two years. Maybe if I would of waited we would still be together and not just best friends. You do what your heart tells you not what anyone else says to do.
a lot of people are going to tell you that you cant do it and that you wont make it. but it is very possible. if you want it then you can make it work its just going to take a little effort and a lot of time. just work together with the daddy and im sure you could make it.
I got pregnant with my son at 19. His dad and I got married right after he was born. That was 6 years ago! We have had three more children and are going strong. Just know that people will tell you won't work blah blah, but it can with lots of unconditional love and hard work!
my sister got pregnant at 15 and had a baby boy


%26amp;%26amp; she stayed with the dad she's 20 now %26amp;%26amp; their getting married
we're still together going on two years
I'm 17 and my boyfriend was 19. When I found out I was pregnant he was the first person I told. I thought he would be supportive and helpful. Well he said he would leave me if I didn't get an abortion. Needless to say I was shocked! I refused and he did leave me. He moved out of state! I realized that I didn't need him and I didn't love him anymore.


Now I have a beautiful little girl who is better then he could of ever been. He doesn't know what he's missing!
i got with my husband at 18 and got pregnant at 19. im 20 now with a 6 month old son. and we r happy but there r hard times you just cant give up so easily unless he is abusive then leave. also you should of used protection. too young to have a baby.
I was watching a show thw otherday on this and 95% percent of teen dads bailed.................. sorry your chances are very low!

No comments:

Post a Comment