Friday, January 15, 2010

How many married couples out there are married to big time homebodies and how do you cope with this?

My wife is a big time home sweet home body and does not like going out on dates or what have you. Just curious how other married couples cope with such a little tiny annoying problem. Thanks everyone!How many married couples out there are married to big time homebodies and how do you cope with this?
One wife I know ONLY finds pleasure in cooking and cleaning. She's only 29. Her husband is about done with her but will never leave her.





Another one I know, the wife wants to go out to the theatre, dinner, etc but the husband (I am friends with them both) is VERRY lazy, all he wants to do is lie down and sleep. She is at the end of her tether.How many married couples out there are married to big time homebodies and how do you cope with this?
My husband is the same way! He doesn't even visit his parents on a regular basis, just mother and fathers day really.


On the other hand i am a big family person and see my people every holiday, every birthday, and whenever i feel like hanging out. I like to dine out from time to time and he says lets just get it to go. We only go to the movies if its something he REALLY wants to see.What a bore!!!





So instead of bugging him to take go ANYWHERE with me i just go alone or with other people. If he doesnt like it then he should go with me from time to time.


But sounds like you haven't made it a big deal with your wife, and you shouldn't. They are who they are.....
My fiance doesn't like crowds which limits us to staying home a lot. But when certain events come up that matter to me, I explain to him that I want him to go not because of the crowds or being out but because it's something that I want him to do to show love for me. Now this is not a blackmail technique, we do this for each other a lot. He feels more loved when I help out around the house and I feel more loved when we go on dates together. You have to learn how your spouses receives love and cater to that just as they have to do the same for you.
My fiance and I don't go out a lot except to go shopping together, to a play, to dinner, to the movies, weddings, a birthday party or a planned vacation. I don't see much sense in going out tot he bars to get drunk. I already found the love of my life. Why would we wqant to go to the bars?





What do you have in mind when you talk about getting her out of the house?





Where do you want to take her?





Do you make plans and she simply refuses to go?





What is your definition of a ';homebody';?
I hate going out unless it's to dinner and a movie. I hate anything else. This is mostly because of my weight. My husband has lost 50 + lbs but I haven't. I don't like going roller skating or anything like that that I use to like as a fit teenager. So usually, we go somewhere where theres not a lot of people or there distracted by a movie. I hate being around a lot of people.
Umm I usually just kind of smile sweetly and ask my husband if he'll do something with me and ignore any complaints. :)
I invite people over when he doesnt want to go out
I didn't, I left
its a lot

No comments:

Post a Comment